A Smarter Solution for Audits
Gregory’s trained experts in Food & Safety understand compliance rules and regulations. We take you and your employees through the auditing process step-by-step. When we’re finished, your company will comply with current state and federal food safety standards – guaranteed. We will also train your team to make sure you continue to comply with any future changes to food safety standards.
Gregory’s Department of Food Safety Protection consists of highly experienced and knowledgeable experts. Whatever your food safety concern, we’ll be able to provide commercial pest control solutions that meet and exceed your expectations.
Next time you need help preparing for an audit, give us a call. You won’t be disappointed!
A Brief Guide to Food Safety Audits
Audits are critical to help maintain the standards and certification required in food safety. They make sure companies keep their products, and, in turn, their customers safe. What does an audit entail and how can you be as prepared for them as possible?
There are three main varieties of audit: first party, second party, and third party. A first party audit is a self-assessment, second party involves primary organizations evaluating subsidiaries or contractors, and third party audits have independent auditors visiting a business with the intention of seeing if they deserve certification.
If you’re on this page, you’re most likely concerned about third party auditing. To be fully prepared for audits like these, you’ll need to consult with experts. However, we can give you a few tips to start the process here:
- Always make sure you are copying and tracking all documentation. This includes food safety plans, training materials, quality management systems, matrices, and so on.
- Make sure all training occurs from top to bottom. While it may not seem relevant for every member of your team to know every part of the process, that’s not always the case.
- Your auditing process needs to be constantly evaluated. When was the last time you reviewed all your materials and procedures? If you can’t remember, you’re overdue for a tune-up.
We Can Help You with the Following Audits
- British Retail Consortium
BRC audit schemes lead to meeting the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative).
- Primus Labs
Primus provides both GMP and GFSI audits.
- Safe Quality Food Institute
SQF audit schemes lead to meeting the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative).
- Independent Organization of Standards
ISO 22000 is an independent auditing body and scheme.
- American Institute of Baking
AIB – is an industry standard for GMP audits in the baking industry.
Silliker provides a wide variety of audits.
- NSF International
NSF audits to both GMP and GFSI schemes.